Featured Post

After the Storm

On February 17, 2017, my life and the life of those she loved changed forever.  My wife had been battling clinical depression and lost that ...

Friday, February 17, 2017

After the Storm

On February 17, 2017, my life and the life of those she loved changed forever.  My wife had been battling clinical depression and lost that battle.  In an effort to go through the grieving process, many have told me to journal my thoughts down.  I am a Christian, so much of my experiences and thoughts come from that perspective.  I am hoping that no matter your religious affiliation or spirituality, my experiences can bring you hope.  That day, the weather was extremely dark, windy, and rainy.--this is the birth of my blog "After the Storm."





2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your feelings daily. I almost didn't survive my depression. I didn't want to die but everything in me told me everything would be better if I did.
    I don't know why I was spared while others aren't. I'm grateful for the second chance though and make sure I openly share my story with others in the hopes they can be spared or their families will gain a better understanding of what is happening inside their loved ones head.
    It was eye opening to me when I realized that just because I feel something, weather it be jealousy, anger, rage or sadness doesn't mean it's real. My brain is tricking me. I have to talk through my feelings with someone else to gage their validity.
    I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Paul, I'm so sorry for what you have endured. Depression is a horrible illness that is often over looked. It's not a simple illness to diagnose and treat. You did everything for your wife. Be good to yourself. In loving memories of Elaine, we'll be praying for you. Keep your chin up, Elaine is resting in heaven now.

    ReplyDelete